Wednesday, March 7, 2012

MITx - 6.002x - The story so far


As you probably know from my previous post, I have enrolled in 6.002x Circuits and Electronics which is a prototype class for MIT's new online learning initiative called "MITx"

It's been 3 days since the course started and the things so far are looking pretty rosy. 

There was zero differential equations or any of the 'advanced' math so, I survived it. The lecture sequences were taught nicely and the tutorial videos supplemented them pretty well. The text-book was another useful resource. I already knew some(little, very little) of the stuff that was being taught so it was kind of easy for me. 

However, I wouldn't go as far as to say it was 'easy' because it wasn't. The lecture sequences were 'easy' but that was probably because I didn't have to do anything other than relax in my chair and watch them. The text-book was very detailed but hey, I'm not complaining. It did well to explain the concepts. It was doing the homework that was 'hard'. Not surprising you say eh?

I had been postponing doing the homework problems since the last 2 days but today, I decided to get them done. I sat at about 6pm, fresh/drowsy from a short nap and it took me the next 3 hours to do every single one of the problems 100% correctly. The chew-marks on my pen(yes PEN) should probably tell the tale.

Anyway, they were indeed kinda difficult. They sure did make me think. So, this is what problem-sets look like eh?

Never mind the time spent wondering what had gone wrong because, in the end, I came about with a sense of satisfaction that I knew more after solving the problems than I knew before doing them.

I wonder what's in store over the next few months.

Until next time,

Adarsh.

This is pretty much what the homework segment looks like now but it sure didn't come easily!
This didn't come about easily either.

No comments:

Post a Comment